Sunday, December 14, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside




We Northwesterners are tough (maybe not as tough as Alaskans, but still....). Today has knocked the stuffing out of us all! We woke up to a lovely dusting of the "white stuff". Underneath the snow was a layer of ice making driving like an ice rink zamboni without the traction. Sheesh! We came back from Church as an average speed of 20 miles per hour, finding all of the flat roads. The wind has been gusting alot in our neighborhood making the 24 degrees seem much, much colder.
On a happy note, this is the first snow for Onyx the kitty. She had fun watching the flakes (and no this time it wasn't us!).
Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow. Work? School? As for me I am content tonight to be working on my scrapbooking LO of the pretty winter lights and making stir fry. Keep warm, my friends.

2 comments:

Holly Denghel said...

Look at the beautiful snow!! Did the kitty want to go outside? ha!

said...

I love fresh fallen snow and having everything covered in a sof blanket of white......but OK, enough already!!! I'm ready for summer!! We're still snowed in and hunkering down for this weekends blast!!
Merry Christmas!!!