Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy First Day of Spring 2011



I certainly hope your first day of spring was more "spring-like" than ours! We had one windy Portland Day with a little rain thrown in for good measure. I used the design for today from 365 Cards. It is day 20 of the card making year!
I did this card for a "layering challenge" issued to me by Terri at Eye-Lets, Etc. If you haven't done so yet, you should "like" her store on facebook. Her products are easy to use and fun. AND when she has a few more followers, she will be introducing a new product.......

This card was made as a first spring day card. I love the purples, blues, and pinks. Absolutely everything except the ribbon came from Eye-Lets, Etc. I made the cabbage flower by punching three 2 inch circles. I tore two to be smaller circles and then my favorite part crumpled the paper up and then smoothed it out. They are adhered to one another from smallest to largest with a liquid adhesive. I also added the pink button with liquid adhesive. When it was dry, it was added to the card. These flowers aren't new but they still are fun to make!

I hope you all have a joyous spring time!

8 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Very pretty card!!
Love your flower and the ribbon!!
Love it!!

Cheryl said...

This is so great! I love the flower and the colors you used.

Happy Spring :)

~ Sophia ~ said...

Such a pretty card and wonderful take on the sketch!
That flower is fabbie!

Thanks for playing along with us on 365 Cards.

Anonymous said...

Lovely sweet colours and scrunged flower.. Lovely card :)
Thanks for joining us at 365cards

2amscrapper said...

love the flower! Happy Spring!

Rose said...

well this is a very happy spring card!!! :) perfect for the sketch!!

wendipooh13 said...

love the cool distressing and work on the flower!!! sooo pretty!!!

Manuela Navarro said...

Es genial!
La flor de papel queda perfecta en esta tarjeta