The challenge theme for Crafty Secrets this month was to create a "fairy" themed object. I am so in love with the Creating with Vintage Patterns CD, that I used it again for a digital LO.
I chose to focus on a "vintage" photo of me from about 1967, when my mom and dad thought I should take dance lessons. I was *so* uncoordinated. The thing I remember about my recital was that I was doing the dance steps slightly after everyone else. Thank goodness my coordination and abilities improved later in life.
The journaling reminds me that I was not only a fairy unaware, but fairly unaware! So instead of the art of dance, I eventually moved along to the art of music, which was one of the best experiences of my life.
How to make the layered Flowers in Photoshop Elements:
1. Select your paper from the digital CD.
2. Open in Photoshop Elements
3. Create a new file (I did a 1 inch by 1 inch; 300 dpi file with white background)
4. Cut a flower shape with the cookie cutter tool from the patterned paper and copy your layer to the new file. I duplicated this layer 4 times.
5. Add a drop shadow to each layer and adjust each layer so you have a flower that appears to be multiple stacked layers.
6.On the final layer, I used a plastic layer to give the look of a rounded embellishment.
I also found yet another photo of my dad. I love how he is taking vacation movies (yep I'm a chip of the old block with photography) and wearing his "signature" flat cap. We lost more of those over the years than I care to remember, but he always had a flat cap on. I miss my dad <3. Fortunately a bit of my dad lives on in my DS, (and me I am sure) he is never far away.
Now, head over to the other design team members blogs and check out their fabulous fairy projects!
Crafty Secrets Design Team
Vicki Chrisman Team Leader
Fauve van Maanen
Victoria Warren Mears (You are here!)
Heartwarming Vintage Blog
Crafty Secrets Store