Thursday, July 4, 2013

365 Cards Days 182 and 183

I love the prompts at 365 card!  Some year maybe I will make them all.

Today, I finished Challenge 182, to create a landscape with torn paper.
For this card I used a white 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card blank.  The papers that were torn all all from the Graphic 45 Secret Garden collection.  The mailbox was cut from a Webster's Pages 6 x 6 inch paper.  I have a really old Plaid metal ruler that I use to help with tearing the edges.  The "snow" on the mountains was created using White Picket Fence Distress Stickles.  I have been using them for snow and whitecaps lately.  I used a little bit of blue Sakura Glaze pen to add dimension to the mountains.


For day 183, the challenge was buttons, bows and beads.  For the base of this card I made a stair step card base of blue card stock from Bazzill.  (Look to Split Coast Stampers for a fine tutorial on making these).  All of the patterned paper is by Tim Coffey for K & company, the travel collection.  The stamp is a digital from Queen Kat Designs of a fabulous mermaid.  I colored her with Crayola colored pencils and added Watercolor Stickles for the bubbles, and Glitter Stickles for the necklace.  So how about the challenge elements?  She has a Swarovski crystal drop in her hair, a bow on the first step and blue and white vintage buttons on the third layer.


Have a blessed 4th of July!  May we always be "One Nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all!"

~ Victoria

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cute !! Loved the mountains on the card. Thanks for playing @ 365 cards this week :-)