Friday, July 10, 2009

From Daily Living






From items in our everyday life can come scrapbooking inspiration.
Core’dinations is having an everything but the kitchen sink challenge. "For this challenge we want you to grab something that is NOT a traditional scrapbooking tool. It could be something from the kitchen, the basement, or anything that will give you a cool effect (i.e., sanding over it, embossing it into the cardstock, dragging it over the cardstock, etc.)."

So I went out looking for inspiration with my 5 inch by 5 inch square of Core'dinations and my sandpaper. So I found my car........ my sweet Grand Prix. Can you tell I love my car? I used the grill to create a honey comb background for the card that I created. I used a Basic Grey Bee rub on on white card stock, which I cut out and mounted with a pop dot. The teal border was cut using Fiskars Apron String punch on the core color side of the card stock. I accented the card with vintage baby rik rak. The rub on title is from Cosmo Cricket (actually part of a Halloween rub on).

I think this card came out pretty cute from an interesting source!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a grear idea!!!! Love how you used the grill on your car!!!!! What a fun challenge!!! Wishing you a great weekend!!! :)

Amanda said...

What a fun idea! I love how it looks like a honeycomb and that little bee is so cute. :) Thanks for dropping by my blog! I love discovering new blogs to read.

Michelle H. said...

What a beautiful card!! Such an awesome clever idea!! You rocked this!!
Hope you are enjoying your week!!

ellen s. said...

wahoo! you know i love that card and that is sooooooooo clever!