I love making new look vintage. I found a small notebook at my local department store and thought it would be perfect for carrying in my purse for notes on the go. The only thing was I am more vintage style than modern (and not so much of a pink gal).
I took the new Crafty Secrets Digital Paper disc and printed two of the papers onto white card stock.
The change was easy!
Crafty Secrets Patterned paper
Sakura Gel Pen
Vintage Lace and Ric Rak and Red Ribbon
Distress Ink - Tea Stain
1. First, I traced the cover onto the Birdie music paper and hand cut it.
2. I cut the scallop border from a coordinating paper
3. I adhered the scallop to the top of the Birdie paper
4. To "show off" the scallops, I colored the edges with a orange red gel pen
5. I gessoed the cover of the mini notebook, paying especially attention to the lime green binding.
6. When the gesso was dry I inked the spine and added the cover, adhering it with matte Mod Podge. It really brought out the vintage aged yellows in the paper. I also "finger painted" a bit of gesso on the lower edges of the front book cover.
7. I added the lace and ric rak, which I had "aged" with the distress ink in tea stain.
8. Finally I applied the matte Mod Podge to the cover and added the red bow.
I have the perfect "aged" notebook! This was a quick and fun project and it would make an awesome gift for a teacher too!