Today I get to show off some new Crafty Secrets Product that are ready now! I used Mini Vintage Creative Scraps for the design team challenge, I made a pretty cookie plate that is hand washable.
This project uses the Mini Vintage Creative Scraps. Let's make one together!
1 Sheet Mini Vintage Creative Scraps
1 Paper doily
1 Clear plate (I got mine for a dollar at the Dollar Store)
Mod Podge (I used Matte finish)
Scissors, craft knife, rag, bowl of water, brush, damp sponge
1. Cut out your Mini Vintage Creative Scraps, you can use the fronts which are brightly colored or the more softly colored cream and brown backs OR mix it up!
2. Plan you design. Adjust until it is how you like it.
3. Set up! Being organized will help this project along a lot. Make sure the water is not in your elbow space and place the paper towels on the side and have a damp rag ready handy to wipe your hands on.
4. Pick up a scrap an add it to the water. It will curl up a little and then flatten out. This makes it so that you won't have wrinkles in your work.
5. Gently taking the scrap out of water and place it on a paper towel. Brush the Front of the image with Mod Podge and place carefully on the Back of the plate.
Hint: If you have bubbles, gently dab the back of the scrap with a wet sponge or rag, until no wrinkles show.
6. Repeat with the remaining clippings, check the front of the plate from time to time to make sure everything is where you want it to be and has no bubbles.
7. When you are finished gluing on images and doilies, brush an even coat of Mod Podge over the back and let the plate dry face down overnight - no peeking!
8. Place the plate upside down on tissue, trim close to the edge of the plate. It doesn't need to be exact at this point.
9. Brush Mod Podge on the back of plate and smooth tissue, set the plate face down again to dry overnight.
10. When it's completely dry, trim the excess backing from the rim with a craft knife.
11. Apply three coats of Mod Podge, allowing to dry between coats. When completely dry spray with an Acrylic Clear Spray.
Remember it is only HAND Washable.
Now, head over to the other design team members blogs and check out their great projects!
Crafty Secrets Design Team
Vicki Chrisman Team Leader
Fauve van Maanen
Victoria Warren Mears (You are here!)
But wait, leave a comment here and I will draw a winner for a Mini Vintage Creative Scrap sheet so you can make your own plate! Winner will be drawn on Friday. Check back on Wednesday for some more projects with new product and another give away!