Friday, July 1, 2011
Retro Summer Fun - Crafty Secrets and Scrappy Chic Cafe
Happy 4th of July weekend! (and Canada day to my Canadian friends!) Today I wanted to show you this month's sketch at Scrappy Chic Cafe. The challenges are found under the group tab and choosing the July Challenge Group. Each month I provide a sketch with a RAK to the winner. The summer is a great time to enter because more people are enjoying the outdoors than are inside scrapping, so join the challenges at the Cafe! This month's sketch is inspired by the stars and stripes, but would be easily changed by swapping out the stars for flowers!
For my sample layout, I went digital using some more of the "vintage" me photos. All of the papers and embellishments I used are from the Crafty Secret CD, "Creating with Vintage Papers". I love everything about this CD. The designs are totally fun to play with. I plan to show you a lot more in the coming weeks.
To make the LO:
1. Select your background color and duplicate the layer to a new 12 x 12 inch file set at 300 dpi.
2. Open a coordinating color and use your cookie cutter tool to cut an 11 inch diameter circle. Duplicate this layer and send to your 12 x 12 file.
3. Open a third and use your cookie cutter tool to cut a star. Send to the 12 x 12 file and duplicate 4 times, space the stars around the circle layer.
4. Add your title, I used Arial lettering at 72 pixels with a drop shadow.
5. Select your photos and crop to 3 x 3 inch. Using a grid align them to the layout.
6. Select a fourth color of pp and using your cookie cutter cut small scallop edged flowers, send to 12 x 12 file and layer on stars. Add drop shadow layer to each.
7. Choose the button embellishment and add to the center of each star.
8. Add the journaling embellishment and your journaling.
9. Finally add drop shadows to each layer and adjust to your liking, so they look dimensional.
10. Save as a jpeg and size according to your liking.
Have a wonderful weekend! Be safe!