Saturday, September 14, 2013

Art Journaling in Mixed Media


I have a fascination with art journals and mixed media.  Art journals are a place for me to explore techniques and then have a place to write about life's ups and downs.  

For this page, I used the following supplies:

The stamp by Kathy Cyr is called Dead Inside Fairy
Golden Gesso
Acrylic Paints in white and aqua blue
Colored Pencils
Vintage ephemera "things to do today" and fragile sticker
Vintage image papers from Crafty Secrets
A acrylic clock face 
A credit card for a brush
Matte Mod Podge






The Kathy Cyr image is perfect for a journaling page.  I intend to write about when I feel fragile and need special care.  On this page, there is a lot of space for writing.  I can journal in the blue and white painted areas or on the vintage paper.  Undoubtedly the journaling will be rich on this page (and private, too).  If you enjoy this image pop over to the Queen Kat store and check it out.  The store has lots of really amazing images, to spur your creative thinking.

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Victoria

No comments: