Thursday, January 18, 2018

International Scrapbook Garden Kit Reveal!



This month's Tool Shed Kit: Winter Adventures and Fairy Garden papers are perfect for cards for teens or young adults in your lives.  I can't even begin to tell you how much amazing stuff is included in the main Tool Shed Kit!





Once again, I am pressed for time for a card.  So I wanted to go for a simple card using three pieces of 6 inch x 6 inch paper.  I selected a denim piece, an ivory piece with denim colored stars and the piece with the masculine images.  Once again, I am working on a grey card background to really make the denim colors pop!



I cut three pieces from the papers.
The background at 5 1/4 inches by 4 inches.
The contrast at 5 1/4 inches by 1 3/4 inches
The piece that is placed horizontally, which is the back of the denim piece I previously cut - just a tiny amount of waste paper that is 4 inches long.
Finally the image I wanted from the final piece.

Next I distressed all of the edges with my scissors.  To be honest I need a new blade for my paper cutter.  Distressing is awesome to cover those ragged edges!

I inked the edges with the Prima Chalk ink, included in the main kit in "Farmers Jeans".
It really gives an excellent contrast.

I then adhered all of the background pieces together.  I do this in case I don't like how it looks.  I can always change it before committing to the card.  After this background was put together I used the KaiserCraft spray in denim.  For this card I wanted a bit of a grungy look so I didn't even test spray.  So what you see is what I got after "priming"!

I then adhered the image to the card using dimensional tape.  While the mist was drying, I took a denim star and adhered a wooden heart and xoxo from the kit to the heart using tacky glue.  I also tied a bow in the twine included and adhered it to the card.

Finally I put the love wooden piece in the upper corner.  Allowing the entire front to dry.
Once everything is dry and I make sure it is sturdy, I used dry adhesive to adhere the entire piece to the grey card.

This kit is simply amazing.  I can hardly wait until the weekend to play some more with all of the wonderful papers.

Have you checked out our mood board and contest on Facebook?  Be sure to check it our and check out the kit at the store....... AMAZING!

~ Victoria

No comments: