Thursday, January 25, 2018

Believe in Yourself...... Always!




Happy Thursday!  I'm here again with the fabulous new Tool Shed Kit: Winter Adventures!  This time in the Fairy Garden, I decided to take it off the page and make a fabulous box for one of the special guys in my life.

Everything I used, except the paper mache box, which is a 3 3/4 inch square box, is from the kit.

For the box I used:
  • Maja Designs paper  3 3/4 inch square
  • Creative Embellishments denim pocket (small)
  • Lindy's Sprays Flat Fabio - Tweedle de denim
  • Kaisermists - denim
  • Prima Art Ingredients Mica Flakes - Henna
  • Prima Chalk Ink - Farmers Jeans
  • Bella Floral self-adhesive blue flowers
  • Tim Holtz Ideology Quote Chips
  • Darice Rustic Snow Shovel
  • Wooden branch slices (yes they are real wood)
  • Bakers twine- brown

Let me show you a close up (ultra close up) of the chip board pocket, following misting.
I misted first with the Lindy's spray and let dry and then added the iridescent layer from the Kaisermist in denim.  You can also see I added the mica flakes.  You will need adhesive to attach these.  I prefer using liquid adhesive (Aleene's Tacky Glue)  If you make a nice pool of adhesive in your desired shape and shake the mica on, gently tapping off any excess, I find it works best.




I adhered the pocket with dimensional tape once it was completely dry.  For the wood slices, I used tacky glue again.  I attached to two on the right first and let them dry over night.  I added the third at an angle with tacky glue on the edge that is touching the other two and also the chip board pocket.

Isn't the flower amazing?  Look at the color in the center!  It reminds me of fresh blueberries.  Just gorgeous.






 For the shovel I wrapped the handle with bakers twin and tied a small bow.  I'm not too concerned with super tidiness on this project since it is meant to look a little rough and tough!  I used a drop of tacky glue under the handle and then a piece of dimensional adhesive under the shovel part.  I've got to say I'm in love with this little box.



 I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!  The ISBG DT has some amazing projects coming up!  I am so honored to work with this wonderful team!

Please come over and enter our first Facebook challenge, we are looking for you!



~ Victoria

1 comment: