Sunday, May 20, 2018

Whimsical Birdhouse




I made this cute little birdhouse using the Rustic Spring Garden Kit from the International Scrapbook Garden.  The flowers came from the Bonus Paper Kit of the Rustic Spring Garden. I used the Shimmerz paints to paint the roof coral and stripe the walls.  You'll find the paints in the Mixed Media Rustic Spring Garden Add-on.

My birdhouse cost $1.00 at a local craft store.  I used Aleene's Tacky Glue to adhere everything.
For the roof I cut 2 inch strips from the white paint paper and painted them with coral reef Shimmerz. I adhered them beginning at the bottom of each side of the roof with adhesive on the top only.  This allowed me to curve the pieces of paper slightly to give a shabby look.  I then cut the side pieces and painted them with the steely blue eyes Shimmerz.  I intentionally did light stripes to give it a little dimension in the woven paper.  I also painted around the bird hole!  I cut 1/4 and 3/8 strips from pink wooden patterned paper to do the eaves and the footing for the house.  Finally I added a 1 inch burlap square, the Prima Flowers and the Blessed sticker mounted on patterned paper and fussy cut.  The final touch was the tiny butterfly on the eaves of the house.  Keep thinking outside of the layout and you can create wonderful off the page gifts!






See the blue stripes on the paper?  They really add shimmer in the sunlight.  And the Prima flowers are so cute and country looking.  I just love them with the tiny house.

Have a wonderful week!  I hope you are having good weather wherever you are.

~ Victoria

No comments: