Thursday, May 9, 2013

Queen Kat Designs Royal Court Call

Queen Kat Designs Stamp Co. (www.katstamps.com) has announced its latest search for loyal, dedicated and excited Royal Court members! You must be a STAMPER and card maker to apply. I am planning on giving this call a whirl and I think everyone else should too!


I am really loving working with digital and conventional stamps lately.  All of the images on these cards are from Queen Kat!  


This first card stamp is designed by Sandra Caldwell and is called Bearly Woodstock Digital Stamp.  I love this whimsical bear.  I colored her with Sakura Glaze Pens and Crayola (yes, Crayola) Colored Pencils.  I always inherit my son's colored pencils and they work just great!  Isn't this just the cutest image?  I took a library pocket and mounted it on the white embossed card, after pinking the upper edge with pinking sheers.  I mounted the little bear on Pink Paislee paper and then mounted it with dimensional tape on the pocket.  Finally, I added the paper border and the ribbon embellishment.  The pocket holds a gift card, which you can "bearly" see peeking out of the pocket.  The sentiment would make this a great card for the end of school year for a teacher or a graduate!


The second card is made from a recent "freebie" that Vikki gave away through an announcement on Facebook.  My grandma made me Raggedy Anne and Andy when I was very little and they are still around my house.  I love this adorable image.  I printed this on a pink marbled card stock and went to town with the Crayola Colored Pencils.  I added bits of glitter glue in a fruit punch color to the moon.  The image is layered dimensionally on an embossed white card that has a line of daisy lace.  The background paper is from My Mind's Eye.  I inked all the edges with Prima Chalk Ink in Dark Bark, which is my absolute go to ink. I added a button embellishment tied with a Vintage Street Market Twirly Twine Bow.  I plan to use this for a little girl birthday in the not to distant future.

This stamp is designed by Miss Megs Digis and called Day of the Dead Girl.  I printed this on textured watercolor paper and used the Sakura Glaze pens to color it.  It is such an outstanding image, I decided to keep the rest of the card simple.  The recipient could easily frame this for a decorative element in their home.

Okay, well it's back to the craft table for me!  Thanks for stopping by and looking at the latest!  Have a wonderful day!

~Victoria

No comments: