Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Visit to Canal Avenue AND I am on the Queen Kat Design Team!!!


I am super excited about my new design team post!  I was selected to join the team at Queen Kat!  If you click on the logo link on the side bar, you can see all their fun stamps!

I want to show you a quick to make card using Vikki's digital stamp Canal Avenue, from Queen Kat Designs.  I love the funky little buildings and all the details!


I don't know which of the many Canal Avenue's she had in mind but it reminds me a little of New Orleans.  I colored the stamp using three different products:  Faber-Castell Metallic Colored Eco-Pencils, Crayola (yes, Crayola - I am frugal too) Colored Pencils, and Sakura Glaze Collection pens.

I printed the design at a 4 to a page size on 8 1/2 x 11 card stock, colored the image and then mounted it on dimensional tape on the patterned paper, which is from My Mind's Eye.  For a little fun I stapled the striped strip to the card.  I don't even have a special crafting stapler, I use a standard office swing line stapler!

This stamp is super fun and really reasonably priced!  You can't go wrong!

Have a wonderful week!

~ Victoria

No comments: