Monday, December 4, 2017

International Scrapbook Garden Toolshed Kit - Jack Skellington Christmas Tag



Hello!  It's  Victoria back again!  I do hope that you are enjoying the first week of Advent.  I am here today to show you a Nightmare Before Christmas inspired tag I made with the International Scrapbook Garden's Tool Shed Kit:  Spider's Web.  I was inspired after watching this movie again this year.  I mean really who doesn't love Jack?  I punched a circle and did a hand drawn face of Jack, aside from the twine and the silver pearls you can easily make this with all of the items included in this great kit.  I personally think this would make a fantastic gift tag for the right person, you know who I mean!

Starting from the bottom, the details:  
  • I made a hanging charm using the skull and cross bones charm and an acrylic letter J from the Tim Holtz Ideology Transparent tiles.  I used a large jump ring and punched a small hole for attachment.  The saying sticker (Tim Holts Ideology Clippings Stickers - Halloween).  I used tacky glue to adhere it down over the image I stenciled using Paste-eez from Shimmerz Paints in Lava Flow.  I am really loving my argyle stencil this winter.


.

Moving up the tag you can see the awesome black Texture Elements flower from Petaloo that I added to the tag, again using tacky glue to make sure it really sticks.  I also gave Jack a hand tide baker's twine bow in black and white from my stash.  Jack was drawn on a punched circle of white card stock using Pitt pens.  To be fair, I did use pencil first so that I could get the expression I was going for!
  


Moving to the top of the tag, you can see the fabulous black and white checked paper from Authentique.  I used a border from Pion Papers the Witching Hour borders sheet, which I cut to the size of the tag.  I love the name plate, which is one of Tim Holtz Word Bars from the Halloween line. I "attached" it to the page using two silver pearls from Queen & Co.  again using tacky glue to adhere. (no I don't work for Aleene's, but I sure do use a lot of tacky glue).


I hope you enjoy another unconventional Christmas tag using papers you might not think of as Christmasy!  Why not check out the kit and get ready to scrap those Halloween photos or use the papers creatively!


Have a wonderful week!  I will be back again next week with more ideas from the Toolshed Kit.

~ Victoria

No comments: