Thursday, March 1, 2018

Waiting for Spring with International Scrapbook Garden!

Happy Thursday!  I'm back again to show you a tag that I made using components from the Tool Shed Kit:  Winter Adventure.




From the kit:

Maja Designs Denim & Friends - Fashion
Maja Designs papers from the card add on kit
Bark kiln dried Birch
Chip board
Blue Flower
Prima Resin Clock
Kaiser Mist Denim

Additions:

Adhesives
Ribbon from Webster's design
Twine Jilly Bean Soup
Shimmers Texturez Tidy Widy (from the October Kit)
Stars and Dew Drops Queen and Company
Mist in opaque white
Prima paper clay and face mold


I am pretty happy with the way the ice came out.  I sprayed the chipboard two times with the Kaiser Mists in Denim.  When that had dried thoroughly, I sprayed with an opaque white mist that reactivated the Kaiser mist and created the marbled look.  Finally, once that was dry, I painted dots and splashes of dark color to add emphasis and dimension.  


I have been trying out "new" techniques to add to my mixed media.  I used Mod Podge in Matte to adhere the wood strips to the tag.  I love the idea of using natural kiln dried wood on my projects.  I also really loved the difference between the exterior lighter color and the interior color, much more of a reddish brown.  I also made the face from Prima's paper clay.  I let it dry over night turning occasionally so it dried evenly.  I then used the Kaiser Mist in Denim for two coats, drying between each.  I love how the shimmer "drifted" down into the expression.  I adhered the face, once dry to the flower.  The title piece was completed on white card stock on my printer with one of my favorite fonts: Bookman Old Style.  Not sure why I like that one so much, but I find myself using it often.

Anyway, I am looking forward to longer days and the change of seasons.  Hope you enjoyed this tag and let me know if I can tell you anything else about the techniques I used.

Have a great week and see you again soon!

~ Victoria

No comments: